Saturday, June 17, 2017

PTC CRITERIA NO: 6.6. conceptualise, plan and implement an appropriate learning programme

i. articulate clearly the aims of their teaching, give sound professional reasons for adopting these aims, and implement them in their practice
ii. through their planning and teaching, demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of relevant content, disciplines and curriculum documents



As part of the PD in Maths I used Maths Talk Moves to demonstrate new learning with a mixed ability group in maths. It has been great to revoice, to use wait time too and allow students time to articulate their learning. It has been relevant to watch myself teaching and see I have imparted appropriate wait time for students responses. I have also asked the maths talk questions that got the group focused and really working hard to explain their mathematical thinking. This was the whole idea to get kids to really explain their thinking and to explain that to others in the group. I found using talk moves makes It easy to push each learner and test their understanding of how they are learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your comment, I will post after viewing.